From The Kitchen of Lauren Nutting
I made this salad for Supper Club in June and it was a hit! So fresh and summery!
Melon Mozzarella Prosciutto Salad with Arugula
- 1 small ripe cantaloupe
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 5 ounces fresh baby arugula
- 6 ounces of fresh Mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Sea Salt
1. Cut the melon in half, stem end on one side, and blossom end on the other.
2. Scoop the seeds out with a spoon and throw them away.
3. Cut each half melon in half again – creating four quarters.
4. Cut each quarter into three slices.
5. Then using a small pairing knife cut away the rind from each slice. Set aside.
6. Tear the mozzarella into small bite-sized pieces.
7. Cut prosciutto slices in half.
8. Spread arugula in a thin layer on a large platter.
9. Arrange cantaloupe slices, mozzarella pieces, and prosciutto on top of the arugula.
10. Drizzle salad with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
11. Finish with flaky sea salt. Enjoy!