Easy Summer Entertaining
Hi, my name is Joseph Heredia, I am the owner and founder of Tall City Barbecue in Midland. I am the proud father of two Noah (11) Megan (8). I am engaged to a beautiful young lady named Lauren Cherry and she has an amazing son Brock (8) (both not pictured)
I was asked to provide a quick and easy recipe and I am super excited to introduce this dish to you. As a caterer, you quickly learn to be able to diversify your menu to meet clients needs, this dish is absolutely packed with flavor and honestly only took 25 minutes to prepare. Get ready to wow your family and friends with this dish.
Cook time 25 minutes
- 1-1.5 lbs. of raw shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 20 ounces of packaged ravioli of choice (I used 3 cheese)
- Box of garlic bread (optional)
- 3tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbs unsalted butter
- 16 ounces of heavy cream
- 14.5 ounces of tomato sauce
- 6 ounces of diced tomatoes
- 5 ounces of shredded Parmesan cheese
- One small bundle of basil (optional garnish)
- Garlic salt,
- Read directions for ravioli, Bring 5 quarts of water and 1 tbs of EVOO to a boil
- Pre heat oven to desired temp for garlic bread, mine said 450 then
- In a second pan, medium heat, add 2 tbs of EVOO into pan and cook shrimp, season with salt and pepper, add any other seasoning you may want to add just do not over season. Sautee in pan until shrimp is cooked (looking for pink in color but not too firm).
- Remove shrimp and stock from pan and place in bowl
- In same pan you cooked shrimp, on medium heat, place 2tbs of unsalted butter in pan till melted.
- Add 14.5 ounces of tomato sauce to pan bring up the heat between medium and high.
- Add 6 ounces of diced tomato to pan and stir.
- Add in 16 ounces of heavy cream and begin to lightly whisk.
- Slowly introduce 3 ounces (about half the container) of shredded Parmesan cheese to the sauce while whisking. Continue to whisk allowing Parmesan cheese to melt and not stick to the pan.
- Season with garlic salt to taste
- Sauce should start to bubble around the edge of the pan, thicken, then the center, continue to whisk and slowly lower temp to simmer.
- Add shrimp and shrimp stock to sauce. Keep on warm.
- Add bread to oven, follow instructions, and set a timer. My bread said 6 minutes but was perfect after 4-5 so I pulled it early.
- Follow instructions, boil the 20 ounces of ravioli. Set a timer and stir occasionally. After 4 minutes or so, sample a ravioli for texture. Turn off boil once ravioli is ready.
- Strain ravioli, place back into pan you boiled them in and carefully add your sauce into pan with ravioli.
- Plate ravioli, sprinkle a dash of remaining Parmesan cheese over the top and garnish with basil if desired.