Recipes from: Our Shared Tables
We are a mom and daughter(s) trio who exhibit the same core foundations
but each have our own twist and style. We hope to inspire and guide
through cooking, lifestyle and everything in between. Follow us for
gluten free cooking to low carb for type 1 diabetes... from big families
to empty nesters we have recipes for all...everyone is always welcome at
Our Shared Tables!
*Follow us on Instagram @oursharedtables and our blog at www.oursharedtables.com
This dinner menu is easily one of our favorite meals! Not only is it delicious and full of flavor but simple and easy. Great for a busy family, working parents or anyone just needing a fast meal for the family. It is perfect for entertaining, and can easily be cooked in under 30 minutes. This particular Chicken Picatta is a gluten free recipe, but easily sub a few ingredients if you wish. Do not be intimidated by the capers. This dish screams fancy, yet in reality, it is very simple.
- 2 lbs. Chicken cutlets
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch (or all purpose flour)
- 2 TBL avocado oil or EVOO
- 1 TBL ghee or butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBL capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 C chicken broth
- 2 TBL lemon juice. (juice of half a lemon)
- fresh parsley
- Season chicken cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Pour arrowroot or AP flour on a large plate. Dredge each side of cutlet in arrowroot* until all cutlets are covered.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add cutlets to hot pan making sure not to overcrowd pan, divide in batches If need be. Cook each side until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side. Once they are browned transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the pan heat to low and add the ghee* and garlic.
- Stir capers in and then add chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Increase heat and let simmer. Place chicken cutlets back to pan and cook uncovered until sauce is thickened and chicken is tender. Approximately 15 min.
Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
Asparagus is a great vegetable option for any occasion. Fast and delicious and when you top them with cheese...what can be better! Stick them in while your chicken is simmering and they will be done at the same time.
- 1 bundle asparagus
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and trim your asparagus.
- Lay asparagus on baking pan in a line, not on top of each other
- Drizzle with EVOO
- Season with salt and pepper
- Top with Parmesan cheese
- Bake 10 min until asparagus are cooked and cheese is melted.
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
The chocolate chip bundt cake recipe was given to me by our Meme decades ago…thanks to her church supper club. We happened to be there on night for domino night when this was served and I have been making it ever since. It is our go-to staple dessert and I ALWAYS have the ingredients on hand for impromptu guests or taking to friends. Once you try it, it will certainly be your go-to as well, as everyone loves it!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3.4 C oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 small package chocolate instant pudding
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 8 oz sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- ½ c sugar
- Mix all ingredients together. Place in sprayed and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min-1 hour depending on oven. Check cake after 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
- Let it cool down a little, slice and serve.