Beet and Ricotta Hummus
Christy Curran, a County Extension Agent in Midland shares a healthy and delicious recipe that features the in season beet.
- 1 large red beet (think baseball size)
- 1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp coriander, ground
- black pepper, ground, to taste
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash beet under warm water and scrub away any dirt.
3. Cut beet into slices, coat or spray with a light layer of vegetable oil,
and arrange on a baking sheet.
4. Roast until beet pieces are soft and a fork can slide through easily.
(Est. 30 minutes - depending on the thickness of the slices)
5. While beets are roasting, combine all remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
6. Once beets are cooked and cooled, cut off skin and add to the mixture. Again process until smooth.
7. Feel free to add additional seasoning to taste!
8. Transfer to a serving bowl (garnish if desired) + enjoy!