Smith’s Shoes Inc. has provided the Permian Basin with footwear, custom foot orthotics, custom molded diabetic and arthritic inserts, and hand-made arch supports since 1975. They have two certified pedorthists with over 50 years of combined experience in the art of custom fabrication.
Smith’s Shoes Inc., originally Smith’s Orthopedic Shoes, Inc. opened in Odessa, TX in October 1975. With 7 years of experience in orthopedic fitting and customizing at Maeker’s Shoes in Lubbock, TX, Howard and Vicki Smith moved their family and their dreams South, to Odessa. The boom was on and property was very limited but they found a location at 1208 W. 10th, one of Odessa’s oldest shopping centers, and it was perfect. The store grew over the next ten years and so did the need for space, so they relocated to 1809 E. 8th Street.
The move also included a name change, dropping the term orthopedic, and opening the door to represent popular comfort shoe lines like Alegria, Birkenstock, Brooks, Chaco, Keen, New Balance and Vionic (Just to name a few). The name changed but the philosophy stayed the same, providing the Permian Basin with the very best in comfort shoe wear and the expertise and service to back it up.
Howard Smith became the first Certified Pedorthist and Smith’s Shoes Inc., the first Certified Pedorthic Facility in West Texas. Trea Smith joined the family business in 1989 and became a Certified Pedorthist in 1994. The store made its final move in February 2002 to 5101 Twin Towers Blvd.
Smith’s Shoes provides the Permian Basin with the largest selection of on-hand, comfort footwear inventory. They carry the largest selection of sizes and widths for men, women and children.
Prescription, Diabetic and Arthritic footwear, custom shoe casting, orthopedic modifications and custom orthotics are Smith's specialty.
The certified pedorthic facility not only provides a state of the art orthotic lab, but also one of the largest.
- Comfort shoes to help in fitting your custom orthotic
- A wide variety of sizes and widths for men, women, and children’s comfort and support footwear
- In-house Custom orthotic fabrication and refurbishment to allow for fast delivery and on the spot adjustments
- Elevations for leg length discrepancies
- Shoe fitting to accommodate custom orthotics, AFO’s and prosthesis
- Custom shoes and shoe inserts to help with Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Spurs, Callousing, Metatarsalgia and Neuromas
- Providing protection, comfort, and support for all walks of life