Citrus Marinated Carne Asada Tacos
Jun 04, 2019 02:17PM
Recipe courtesy of: Vianney Rodriguez, sweetlifebake.com
For this recipe, Vianney used Rumba Meats beef flap meat (skirt steak). Once the butcher’s best-kept secret, beef flap meat has seen a recent rise in popularity thanks to its hearty texture and robust flavor. This celebration-worthy cut is relatively affordable and perfect for feeding a crowd. Its coarse grain allows it to soak up the flavors of any marinade, but it has plenty of rich flavor on its own. Beef flap meat is best when grilled over high heat – the end result is a juicy, flavorful inside with delicious crispy, charred edges.
Course: dinner, lunch
Cuisine: Mexican, tex-mex
Keyword: carne asada
Servings: 6 Serves
- 2 lbs. Rumba Meats beef flap meat (skirt steak)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juiced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro washed, finely minced
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- Pat flap meat dry with paper towels.
- Season liberally with salt & pepper on both sides.
- Place in a large resealable plastic bag along with lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit juice, jalapeno and cilantro.
- Place in fridge to marinade for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill fajitas 6 to 8 minutes per side depending on thickness or until internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Remove to a platter, allow meat to rest for 5 minutes.
- Dice finely, serve in warm tortillas garnished with onion and cilantro.