Green Chile Mac & Cheese with Texas BBQ
Apr 01, 2019 03:01PM
1 lb. leftover Smoked Brisket, chopped
½ cup Texas BBQ sauce
2 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
2 cups 2% milk
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
8 oz. can diced green chiles
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
6 Tbsp. butter, divided
4 Tbsp. flour
1 lb. elbow or shell pasta, cooked
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt 4 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth.
Gradually whisk in milk stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened.
3. Stir in cheeses and green chiles until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a large casserole dish, add cheese and cooked pasta. Stir to combine. Bake for 20 minutes or until
cheese is bubbling and edges are browned.
5. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and toss until brown.
6. Microwave BBQ sauce in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Toss brisket in warm BBQ sauce.
7. Top mac and cheese with bread crumbs and brisket.
8. Broil 3-5 minutes until the top is golden brown.