Citrus-Marinated Beef & Fruit Kabobs
Mar 18, 2019 11:56AM
4 Servings (1 beef skewer, 1 fruit skewer)
• 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
• 1 medium orange
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
• 4 cups cubed mango, watermelon, peaches and/or plums
• chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
1. Grate peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from orange; reserve juice. Combine orange peel,
cilantro, paprika, and ground red pepper, if desired, in small bowl. Cut beef Steak into 1-1/4-inch
pieces. Place beef and 2-1/2 tablespoons cilantro mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat.
Place remaining cilantro mixture and fruit in separate food-safe plastic bags; turn to coat.
Close bags securely. Marinate beef and fruit in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Thread beef evenly onto four skewers leaving small space between pieces. Thread fruit onto remaining four separate skewers.
3. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill beef kabobs, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill fruit kabobs 5 to 7 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown, turning once.
4. Season beef with salt, as desired. Drizzle reserved orange juice over fruit kabobs.
Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
brought to you by the texas beef council.